1) Arrests: Have you ever been arrested, and may I have your permission to run a Background check?
2) Please list all relevant Degrees and Certifications: May I have your permission to verify your post-secondary education?
3) Why are you running for office?
4) What are your Key Qualifications, that separate you from the other candidate(s)?
5) Will you accept monetary compensation for any activities outside of your office compensation?
6) Term Limits: Will you sign a pledge to push for the implementation of Term Limits and how will you make this a reality?
7) RESIDENT TAX BURDEN
Collin County Residents are burdened with the 2nd Highest Total Property Tax Payments in the State of Texas and Education represents over 60% of the Collin residential tax burden. Taxpayers will be paying over $350 million over the next 25 years for the following stadiums:
- McKinney ($80 to $120 million)
- Prosper ($48 to $72 million)
- Allen ($60 to $90 million
- Frisco Memorial Stadium FISD portion ($15 to $22 million)
- Frisco Star Center FISD portion ($30 to $49 million)
Bond measures and Tax Increases have passed, largely because Texas legislators have enacted regulations that allow:
- Corporations to contribute to PAC supporting ISD Tax Increase and Bond Measures
- ISD to pick favorable Election Dates and Voting Locations
- ISD’s to exploit confidential Parent Contact Information, Internal/Publicly funded resources and personnel to create materials for “get out the vote” activities such as Mailing, Phone Calls and Emails.
- Administrators to “encourage” teachers to contact parents about voting
- Administrators to use scare tactics to threaten to cut teachers and popular school programs.
- ISD’s to erroneously blame “state funding cuts” to justify tax increases
- ISD’s to remove anti-PAC signs while allowing pro-PAC signs.
What are your thoughts and your plans to address these issues?
8) Roads & Infrastructure: The population of Collin County is exploding and our Roads, Bridges, Drainage Systems & Infrastructure are strained. What are your specific plans to address to alleviate traffic and infrastructure deficiencies?
9) RESIDENT TAX BURDEN: An important element of reducing the Tax Burden of homeowners is attracting Corporate and Commercial Development – Do you believe that the State, County, ISD and Municipalities should collaborate on Economic Development projects? How will you facilitate this effort?
10) PROPERTY RIGHTS: What is your position statement on the following Property Rights:
(A) Municipal Annexations of Extraterritorial Jurisdiction (ETJ) AKA “Forced Annexation”.
(B) The use of the power of Eminent Domain to institute Condemnation Proceedings against the Property Owners to seize property.
(C) Long Term Zoning and Multifamily Housing – should zoning be changed to limit multi-family housing or other “undesirable” property usages?